What do blackened chicken and a tasty crab dip have in common? This tasty homemade spice blend.
This recipe will cover the blackened chicken recipe. My next video and post will cover the crab dip, a personal favorite of mine. Be sure to subscribe to get notified when they get published later this week.
On to the recipe…
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Cumin- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried Thyme- 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Crushed Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- Boneless chicken breasts- 4 medium breasts
- Olive oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Mix the rub
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet (preferred) or other pan on burner. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken breasts with olive oil spray and cover with rub.
- Cook chicken in skillet for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet covered in olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with your favorite sides
Stay tuned for the unbelievably delicious crab dip recipe, coming soon…