Looking for a new recipe to spice up your holiday party or carry-in? Well, here’s a crab dip recipe that is sure to please!
This recipe is very quick to make but does require some time in the fridge to get the dip cold and to get the flavors to fully meld. Be sure to leave yourself ample time.
This recipe yields two cups and can easily be doubled.
Enough said, onto the recipe….
- Paprika- 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Cumin- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried Thyme- 1/4 teaspoon
- Onion Powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Crushed Black Pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Sea Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cream Cheese- 4-oz (i.e.- 1/2 package)
- Mayonnaise- 1/2-cup
- Real Crab Meat- 6-oz can (or imitation crab, minced- if you prefer)
- Mini shrimp- 6-oz can (optional, but a nice touch)
- Celery- chopped, 1/4 cup
- Sweet Pepper (yellow, red, or orange)- 1/4 cup chopped
- Garlic- 1 clove, pressed
- Crackers (your choice)
Putting It All Together
- Combine seasoning, mix well
- In a glass bowl microwave cream cheese for 30 seconds, to soften
- Add mayonnaise and whisk until smooth and lump free
- Mix in seasoning, celery, peppers, and garlic
- Drain and mix in crab meat and shrimp
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Serve with crackers of your choice